Desktop Support Analyst
We have created an opportunity for an IT candidate with a passion for ICT and customer service – this is your chance to apply your initial two years relevant IT workplace experience and academic qualifications in an environment where you can embrace multiple technologies and environments. Our ethos of supporting the local community is key to engaging with candidates within the vicinity
Looking for a future with real opportunity? We can offer you that commercial experience combined with on-going, relevant training and certifications – we are taking customer service to another level – be part of that journey and start a career that offers progression and prospects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Processing internal tickets, escalating to the relevant teams, resolving issues around desktop and printing issues; toner replacement and ordering appropriate supplies; liaising with Finance for PO and gaining the appropriate approval.
- Developing skills around Microsoft windows client-server technologies, gaining exposure to Networking and Scripting.
- Monitoring internal ticket queues and being responsible for maintaining the calls and ensuring timely closure times.
- Implementing changes highlighted by support to desktops and printers as required.
- Resolving Service Requests and Incidents logged by internal customers.
- Communicating on a daily basis with internal customers and moving forward to supporting external customers via our call logging system.
- Being responsible for the accurate tracking of internal equipment via our asset management database.
- Supporting customers in both Domino and Windows environments.
- Providing customer site cover for managed service customers
- Participation in week-day core hours of cover between 0830 -1800
You will become a valued and resourceful member of the Support Team, adopting a pro-active approach to the role and be an initial point of contact for internal queries.
If you can demonstrate excellent customer service skills, gained by at least one year’s experience in an IT role, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We expect that you will have a keen awareness and interest in emerging technologies. You will need to be a team player, as this is integral to the role. We will expect that you will be a car owner/driver so that you can independently attend customer site.
Qualifications required: A/GCSE/BTEC level - Grade B or above in minimum of 6 disciplines including ICT, English, Maths, together with Microsoft or IBM certifications.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum – pro rata based upon commencement date, accrues at 2.08 days per completed month of service
- Life insurance @ 4x annual base salary
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Auto-enrolment Pension scheme (Scottish Widows)
- Private medical insurance
- Car parking
- Tea, coffee and cold drinks available in our “Log Out” – the Portal chill-out area
If you are interested in becoming part of a company destined for great things and are motivated by a fast-paced environment, we'd like you to join us
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Please complete the form below and email your CV to: