Improve knowledge sharing, decision-making and innovation
IBM Connections is a leading social network platform for enterprise that helps businesses get work done. Connections facilitates timely engagement with the right people – meaning you can accelerate innovation and deliver results fast.
Bring together your people, information and ideas.
Knowledge share beyond the traditional business boundaries and work toward improved decision-making, increased productivity and accelerated time to market.
IBM Connections can help you:
- Empower – Accessibility via desktop, mobile and even offline means that innovation can take place anywhere.
- Engage – Put the spotlight on ideas by engaging people and filtering out the noise with a smart and focused interface.
- Inspire – Gather, generate and improve ideas provided by anyone, from your newest employee to your most seasoned executive. Anyone can participate from any location.
- Trust – Collaborate and engage with customers and partners safe in the knowledge that you can trust the technology facilitating the conversation.
What's New with IBM Connections 5.5
Learn about the new features available in IBM Connections 5.5 and Mobile. These new features will enhance your communities and allow you to better organise your content.
Capabilities include a range of tools you’d expect to find in a business social network and can be deployed incrementally depending on the needs of your business.
Social networking – Stay connected to your professional network through rich profiles, file sharing, blogs, wikis, communities and more.
Email and calendar integration – Avoid lengthy hold-ups by sharing information on a single platform.
Meetings – Integrate with IBM Sametime and gain access to collaboration tools which facilitate online meetings.
Instant messaging – Quickly connect to the right people using IBM Sametime so you can instantly find the information you need.
Documents – IBM Docs office suite makes it easy to share and edit documents with the team.
Content – Document check-in/out, version control and approval routing make it easier than ever to keep the right people engaged through the creation and editing process.
Using various open APIs, there are a great deal of integration points available which makes IBM Connections a favourite for companies looking to build on a flexible application environment:
- IBM Domino and Microsoft Exchange messaging systems
- IBM Sametime instant messaging and meetings
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- IBM FileNet
- IBM Docs
- IBM Digital Experience (WebSphere Portal)
- Desktop plugin for Windows and Mac
Why IBM Connections?
Designed with business people in mind, IBM Connections empowers you to be more innovative and creative, enabling the speedy execution of business strategies by facilitating communication between networks of colleagues, partners and customers.
These networks become professional communities that help you discover the information you need to develop and refine ideas and to collaborate with the right people at the right time.