Do you need to modernise your collaboration strategy
IBM Notes has become one the most enduring enterprise software applications of all time. A popular email client and server application with millions of Notes end-users, it’s loved by many for its high-end security features, workgroup tools and ability to rapidly create applications.
For decades, Notes has been the engine driving communication and collaboration within many organisations. But collaboration technology has come on a long way in the intervening years and today relies on richer, smarter, and more context-rich channels that can be used by any person on any device at any time. Failure to address this changing communication landscape has the potential to place your relationships with customers, partners and employees at risk.
Like many organisations that are running and maintaining mature Lotus Notes and Domino estates, you’ll have invested significant resources in building your Notes and Domino infrastructure, developing custom applications to manage mail, workflow, collaboration and more. Some of these applications may span your entire organisation, while others will be confined to single departments or teams.
We’ll help you determine the right path for your business and develop a viable modernisation plan – supporting every step of the way.
The strategic question you now face is: How best to modernise?
Portal is a certified partner for both IBM and Microsoft, with an expert understanding of both platforms, including the client, server and applications. We keep abreast of the latest developments, and can offer the best suggestions on performance improvements, new features and licensing options given the changes in the IBM collaboration product family.
As you prepare for your modernisation strategy, you’ll need to consider a number of questions to determine the best direction to take:
- Are you happy to stay with your Notes platform, but want to make the move to a cloud solution?
- What are your main focus areas and priorities for change? Client, server or applications – or all three?
- Are you looking predominantly to reduce the total cost of ownership of your Notes estate?
- Do you have Notes Applications that you’re struggling to maintain, or need to web-enable to extend their reach?
- Is the desire for a contemporary user experience one of the drivers?
- Are you looking to improve staff collaboration, remote access and mobility?
- Is your company interested in starting a social business transformation?
- Are you planning to migrate from Notes to Microsoft Office 365, but need help with the project?
- Do you have any specific migration challenges to handle such as archived or encrypted mail?