Collaborate using instant messaging with voice, data and video
Unified Communication (UC) is essential for connected working. IBM Sametime facilitates real-time UC in a business environment through instant messaging, online meetings, video, voice and data. In just a few clicks, you’re immediately connected with the person on the other side of the screen, helping you to meet the daily demands of business.
Social Communication helps to get the right information for the task at hand by reaching the right experts at the right time. Unlock the value of your communication system.
Easily navigate between communities and meetings, locate and talk to subject matter experts and utilise Sametime to quickly share data. Evolve your communications by gaining better insight into:
- Who you’re communicating with - Understand who can help across the business through profiles, shared content and blogs.
- What you’re communicating about - Share content which addresses lower value questions. This way disruption is minimised and the focus can be turned to higher value interactions.
- How best to communicate with each other - With more channels, communication is streamlined. Post to a wall, blog, wiki page, forum. Leave comments on shared files, send an instant message or jump on a video call.
What is IBM Sametime?
Instant messaging - Sametime instant messaging allows you to communicate with your colleagues in real time. Icons can be used to indicate the availability and location of co-workers, whether they are offline, in a meeting or available. Files can also be easily shared, negating the need to email within encrypted channels.
Online meetings - Facilitates the sharing of files, applications and screens with those both in and outside of the company, using security rich features including high both audio and video.
Voice and video integration - Dual audio and video interface work with built-in IBM Sametime or third-party media software, delivering audio and video capabilities in online meetings and conferences with multi-point video conference support.
Mobile support - iOS, Android and BlackBerry are supported so you can stay connected from anywhere on a smartphone or tablet.
Whatever your browser, mail client or OS of choice, IBM Sametime provides suitable integration point.
- IBM Connections
- Allows you to share files from within Connections in an online meeting and save the contents of the meeting back to IBM Connections
- Instant messaging and awareness inside of IBM Connections so that you can
- Meeting and audio and video widgets to strengthen integration between the two platforms
- IBM Notes
- IBM iNotes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- IBM Digital Experience (WebSphere Portal)
- Android and iOS mobile apps
- IBM Sametime Proxy can provide chat and awareness in your internal or external facing web pages
- Integration with third-party media software be it on premises or cloud based IP services from the rich desktop client or server
Why IBM Sametime?
In an increasingly connected and social world, companies are realising the benefits of real-time communication as a way for their staff to quickly and efficiently resolve issues and collaborate with one another – as well as expanding communication beyond business boundaries to customers, partners, vendors and contractors.
IBM Sametime provides businesses with the tools they need to do this while still insuring security and the ability to integrate with other vendors.